Saturday, July 6, 2013

Kaweco AL sport ballpoint pen review


(This is the third out of four Kaweco pen reviews)

I'll keep it short, just like this pen!
I wouldn't reccomend getting one of these, I'm sorry Kaweco! I really like their fountain pens, but that's it, their ballpoint pens aren't my favorite!



The first problem: it's waaaaaaaay to short. Whereas the fountain pens would become regular sized when you post the cap, this one obviously doesn't have a cap. So it stays short, at about 10.5 cm/ roughly 4 and a bit Inches. Which is a little uncomfortable to hold.


Secondly, It uses D1 refills from Kaweco. And I'm affraid they aren't nearly as good as the ones in the Lamy accent multipen.

But why would you buy this pen anyway? Not to have a daily writer I guess! The only reasons I could think of are these:
-Having a complete set (fountain pen and ballpoint pen)
-For quickly jotting down notes.
-To get rid of excess money!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your review on Kaweco AL sport ballpoint pen.I have the same problem as you.So i didn't prefer this type of pen.I always prefer parker ballpoint pens which smooth and reliable.I think you should try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I personally prefer fabercastell refills, parker refills tend to leak, i had some horrible experiences with them in the past . You should check these faber castell refills out, they also fit in parker pens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your reviews with everyone .You have some great tips and I am sure they will be helpful and informative. Thank you

    ReplyDelete